Wanika is running to ensure that the future includes us all.
A proud daughter of immigrant parents, Wanika’s interest in politics began at an early age when she distributed petitions to build sidewalks in her neighborhood so kids could walk to school. That spirit of public service has never left her. As a graduate of the University of Maryland, Wanika has served Prince George’s County as a lawyer and community advocate.
- As a staffer on the County Council, Wanika helped protect senior citizens’ leases and ban coal tar from Prince George’s County.
- While working for State Senator Ramirez, Wanika worked on the Justice Reinvestment Act and the Trust Act, helping reform the criminal justice system and protect immigrants.
- As an Assistant State’s Attorney, she spent each day targeting serious crimes while providing nonviolent offenders with paths to rehabilitation.
At every turn, Wanika has made our community a better place to live.
Outside of work, Wanika is extremely involved in her local community.
- As member of Young Democrats of Prince George's County, she helped to organize Democrats during the 2016 election cycle.
- She serves on the University of Maryland College Park Alumni Association’s Board of Governors and the Alumni Council for the Penn State Alumni Association.
- She is a member of the 2017 Emerge Maryland Class, the 2017 Planned Parenthood Developing Leaders Program, and the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority’s Iota Gamma Omega Chapter in Prince George’s County.
Wanika is active in her congregation at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Hyattsville and a major fan of Maryland Terps football and basketball.
Join our TEAM
Contact our Team: We Want to Hear From You
Wanika Fisher Campaign for State Delegate is proud to receive the following endorsements and support.
Senator Victor Ramirez Endroses Wanika Fisher for Delegate!
I have had the pleasure of knowing Wanika Fisher for the past decade. She is an attorney and a former prosecutor in our county and I know firsthand her commitment and passion for the residents of District 47B. She is smart, honest and progressive, and I fully and wholeheartedly endorse Wanika B. Fisher for Delegate. I look forward to working with her! - Victor Ramirez
"I am so honored and humbled to have the endorsement of the Maryland League of Conservation Voters. Environmental justice is not only important to me but the residents of District 47B. As Delegate I will ensure that environmental concerns of our State and the residents of 47B will stay at the top of my priorities and actions."
Opportunities to volunteer every weekend until election day, If interested please contact Drew Yelverton at email@example.com or call (240) 391-8718.
Information Forum Edwards Property
(triangle lost across from Metzerott Plaza at Adelphi Road, Riggs Road and Edwards Way)
Tuesday, June 19th 2018
8402 Riggs Road, Adelphi, MD
A WaWa Store and gas station are proposed for this 4-acre lot. The developer will provide details and illustrations, and answer questions about the proposal. Bring your questions about the impact on local traffic, potential flooding downstream and other concerns,
Find out how you can become a person-of-record and have a voice in local development.
For more information call Sydney at (301) 221-4984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on Voting:
ELECTION DAY IS TUESDAY JUNE 26, 2018
Polls open from 7am to 8pm
Find your election day poll location click here!
Early Voting is Thursday, June 14, 2018 through Thursday, June 21, 2018
POLLS OPEN FROM 10am to 8pm
Click here to find the 11 early vote locations in Prince George's County.
Absentee Ballot Information
The deadline is Tuesday, June 19, 2018. Your application must be received by 8 p.m. if you mail or deliver the application, or by 11:59 p.m. if you fax or email the application.
The deadline to request an Electronic Absentee Ballot via internet is Friday, June 22, 2018 if you mail or deliver the application, or by 11:59 P.M. if you fax or email the application.
For absentee ballot application and more information please click here!