Wanika is running to ensure that the future includes us all.
A proud daughter of immigrant parents, Wanika’s interest in politics began at an early age when she distributed petitions to build sidewalks in her neighborhood so kids could walk to school. That spirit of public service has never left her. As a graduate of the University of Maryland, Wanika has served Prince George’s County as a lawyer and community advocate.
- As a staffer on the County Council, Wanika helped protect senior citizens’ leases and ban coal tar from Prince George’s County.
- While working for State Senator Ramirez, Wanika worked on the Justice Reinvestment Act and the Trust Act, helping reform the criminal justice system and protect immigrants.
- As an Assistant State’s Attorney, she spent each day targeting serious crimes while providing nonviolent offenders with paths to rehabilitation.
At every turn, Wanika has made our community a better place to live.
Outside of work, Wanika is extremely involved in her local community.
- As member of Young Democrats of Prince George's County, she helped to organize Democrats during the 2016 election cycle.
- She serves on the University of Maryland College Park Alumni Association’s Board of Governors and the Alumni Council for the Penn State Alumni Association.
- She is a member of the 2017 Emerge Maryland Class, the 2017 Planned Parenthood Developing Leaders Program, and the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority’s Iota Gamma Omega Chapter in Prince George’s County.
Wanika is active in her congregation at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Hyattsville and a major fan of Maryland Terps football and basketball.
Join our TEAM
Contact our Team: We Want to Hear From You
Wanika Fisher Campaign for State Delegate is proud to receive the following endorsements and support.
Senator Victor Ramirez Endroses Wanika Fisher for Delegate!
I have had the pleasure of knowing Wanika Fisher for the past decade. She is an attorney and a former prosecutor in our county and I know firsthand her commitment and passion for the residents of District 47B. She is smart, honest and progressive, and I fully and wholeheartedly endorse Wanika B. Fisher for Delegate. I look forward to working with her! - Victor Ramirez
"I am so honored and humbled to have the endorsement of the Maryland League of Conservation Voters. Environmental justice is not only important to me but the residents of District 47B. As Delegate I will ensure that environmental concerns of our State and the residents of 47B will stay at the top of my priorities and actions."
Opportunities to volunteer every weekend until election day, If interested please contact Drew Yelverton at email@example.com or call (240) 391-8718.
LEWISDALE CITIZENS' ASSOCIATION
General Meeting May 24th 2018
Lewisdale Elementary School
2400 Banning Place Hyattsville, MD 20783
For more information visit the Lewisdale Citizens' Association facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Lewisdale-Citizens-Asssociation-628863797312459/